Monday, January 26, 2015

"Dukie" makes the cut

ONE month after winning the ‘Make the Cut’ film-making competition, Lionel ‘Dukie’ Thompson has left the island for a week-long stay at the New York Film Academy.

Thompson said he was looking forward to the stint, which is part of his victory package.

“I won $150,000, so I want to get a better computer, a faster one so I can really push on with what I need to do to become a standout producer,” he said. “I’m excited. I researched the school and it’s a wonderful opportunity for me to go there and meet like-minded people as well as pick up some really important information and make some serious links.”

Under the banner of Drink Right, Red Stripe’s responsible drinking campaign, Make the Cut challenged aspiring film-makers to promote responsible alcohol consumption.

Using the slogan, ‘Right Age. Right Amount. Right Way’, participants were asked to interpret this message in 30-second television commercials.

Thompson’s winning production will be aired on local television.

Aldwayne Tomlinson and Damion Radcliffe were the first and second runners-up, respectively.


View the original article here



"Dukie" makes the cut