Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Spice gets 8 YVA nominations


Spice

The ‘Stage show Boss’, Spice, has returned to the island after an exciting and terrifying time in Paris, France.

present in Paris during the Charlie Hebdo attacks by Muslim extremists, Spice said though the tour was a success, she is happy to be safely back in the island.

“my prayers are continuously with all my fans and friends in France.”

on her return, Spice received the wonderful news that she was nominated for a whopping eight awards at the Youth View Awards.

“I’m the only female in the Favourite Dancehall Artiste of the year category, and that’s an overwhelming feeling. I’ve worked for that, to be up there with the males, who are dominating dancehall,” said Spice.

nominations

The other categories Spice has been nominated for are: Favourite Local Music Video – So Mi Like It; Favourite Local Artiste of the Year; Hottest Summer Song of the Year – So Mi Like It; Favourite Musical Collaboration with two singles, Only Thing Me Want and Conjugal Visit, featuring Vybz Kartel; Fashion Icon, and, finally, the Young Hot and Hype Female of the Year.

“To have eight nominations this year is truly a success by itself. Whether I win all of them, or not, I’m already a winner, but I know that So Mi Like It was one of the biggest songs last year, so, of course I’m expecting to take home some awards, especially that one,” said Spice.

Fans can continue voting for Spice by texting the category number and her name, (Spice), to 1876-444-4202, or follow her on twitter, at @spiceofficial, for the details on how to vote.

“I have taken the time out of my fully-booked schedule to be in attendance at the awards, and I really can’t wait to see my fans,” said Spice.

The Youth View Awards is scheduled to take place February 21 at the National Indoor Sports Centre, St Andrew.


View the original article here



Spice gets 8 YVA nominations