Friday, June 27, 2014

Alaine to judge on digicel rising stars


Alaine is flanked by DRS judges Anthony Miller (left) and Craigy T. – Contributed

“Season 11 of Digicel Rising Stars is must-see TV”, says songstress Alaine, who recently joined the judging panel.

The singer, who was a guest judge and performer last year, was called to be on the official panel and welcomed it with open arms, “I had a blast last year and, therefore, I was really excited when I was asked to be an official judge for this season”.

The energetic Dreaming Of You vocalist insists you can’t miss a beat for Season 11. “Now, I am part of the entire process from the auditions straight through to the final show. So, I am much more invested and look forward to the entire journey. Stay tuned,” she said.

Digicel Rising Stars, which has a rich legacy in unearthing local persons with talent and bringing them to the national stage, sought to ensure that only the best of the best are a part of the judging panel and adding another international artiste to the mix wouldn’t hurt. TOK member Craigy T and journalist and award-winning producer Anthony Miller may butt heads with the new judge this season, and you won’t want to miss it.

“I enjoy being a judge, I try to be the kind of judge I’d like to appear before, that is, considerate, honest and fair. Craigy T is great, Anthony, not so much, just kidding. We all have very different approaches and I don’t think any one of them is necessarily right or wrong,” she aded.

The live shows are set to begin on Sunday.


View the original article here



Alaine to judge on digicel rising stars